Tangible Significance Of Adopting Wildlife Conservation Measures
Because of the fact that we are in the habit of doing harms to wildlife either consciously or unknowingly, wildlife conservation seems to be a demand of time. Wildlife conservation refers to the well-planned practice of ensuring protection for wild animal species, their habitats and plants. More or less, the truth about wildlife is that our future generations should be allowed to enjoy the Mother Nature while recognizing the unshaken importance of wildlife towards our wellbeing and surroundings.
As wildlife conservation has become need of the pressing demands which modern people must address, the following are some key points signifying the importance of conserving wildlife.
Protection of biodiversity:
· The Mother Nature requires that different species stay connected by means of various food webs. It means that the extinction or demise of one particular species might influence one or more other species down the line.
· Conserving wildlife can be a preventive step to stay safe prior to any unforeseeable environmental issue.
Sustenance of agricultural activities:
· Wildlife conservation can significantly help us secure food supplies for the future.
· In agriculture, crop diversity protects food supplies from vulnerability to disease.
· Different diseases can attack individual crops while just one crop grown in an entire field might succumb to just a blight. Also, wildlife conservation makes it possible that many of the plants which we are yet to use in our regular agricultural production might become some sorts of new crops.
· Saving many wild plants might help us to use the various types of genetic materials which could be critical to the modification of crops which we are still using.
· If we can save wild plants, many of them can be chosen as the cornerstones for the development of biodegradable pesticides.
Motivation for research:
· We should maintain biodiversity and ecosystems just for wild plants which cater to our needs in making traditional medicine and enriching the pharmaceutical industry.
· More than 50% of the drugs that Americans are currently using are actually developed from plants, animals and microbial organisms. The trend is still existent.
· Relying on conducting research on wildlife as additional natural sources could be a more efficient initiative than depending on artificial manmade sources.
· Chances are that failure to conserve wildlife could cause medical science experts to lose many of their important sources of knowledge.
Facilitation of eco-services economics:
Nowadays, our efforts for wildlife conservation could contribute to the restoration of positive economic consequences in these less than stable world economic circumstances.
· Wildlife which makes for a good part of ecosystem activities has had an effect on the quality and quantity of fresh water that we drink. It might happen that our efforts to artificially purify water to compensate for relevant ecosystem damage could be nothing but a heavy financial loss.
· Our integrated efforts to maintain the congruity of eco-services can easily illuminate our inefficiencies in attempting to replicate something artificially that our natural ecosystems have been doing for free since the inception of the nature.
· For example, we can look at the efforts made to save the existence of turkeys, an endangered species. In the USA, there has been a subsequent resurgence in widespread turkey hunting, which has considerably helped strengthen the US economy on a local, state and even national level.
Assistance to ecotourism:
Wildlife conservation is linked to the acceleration of ecotourism on a national level. Africa’s ecotourism is the biggest example of this fact.
African Wildlife Foundation states that conservation of wildlife is important because tourists enjoy a lot if they are given the chance to watch the bewildering variety of African animals living in natural habitats.
Wildlife has been an integral part of Africa’s ecotourism, which has gained considerable growth over the past few decades. Ecotourism has already been a very influential stimulus for African economies.